Sunday, June 15, 2014

Love?

What is love?

When it comes to love, I always don’t have a fixed definition for love. Well, I’m talking about the boy girl love, not the general love or agape love.

So Is there a perfect love?

I always hear songs, describing how exciting, pure and romantic love is. How one would love the other more and more each day, how their feelings for the other is uncontainable.

But I reckon every mature being knows that that is just a facet of love. Love encompasses so many different facets of feelings and emotions.

Having walking on this planet for 25 years, I realise life has more hardships than smooth-going moments. Same goes with love I suppose, where it often brings more disappointment, hatred and confusion. If that’s the case, why love in the very beginning?

Some people may have entered into a relationship ever so naturally that it is beyond their conscious decision. Some people may tend to overthink, and be very careful in handling relationship related issues. I would think I belong to this group more.

And having said that, I realise that once I’ve decided to step into a relationship, I am exposed to the risk of all sorts of emotional turmoils. And it involves 2 person, not just me. Meaning, I have to manage 2 persons’ emotion rather than one. That is indeed a very sticky situation.

But love has always been elevated to a position where is seems that, without love one is almost impossible to feel the fulfilment of life. Without having someone to express our love to, we would most likely be living a lonely life, while craving for a life that is satisfying. Is that the case?

Or is it simply because I have never really experienced love and that’s the roots of all these ramblings?

So what is love?

Well,

I think there must be greater wisdom in love. There must be greater testimonies of love other than those that I’ve witnessed. There must be some other facets of love that I’ve never experienced.

There must be more than this.

And the only way to find it out is to take the risk and explore it all. Would it be worth it? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...